SULKY 40 RAYON thread is the preferred thread for "free-motion" machine embroidery, digitalised embroidery designs and decorative thread application.
- Length: 780m
- Available in a wide range of colours and make-ups
- Made of 100% viscose
- Same lustre and soft, warm, natural look as silk
- Stronger than either silk or cotton thread of the same weight
- Won’t fray, fuzz or shrink
- Has less stretch than a polyester thread
- Sole use of biodegradable dyes and chemicals
- Viscose is a natural product, therefore biodegradable
- Oeko-Tex certified
- 40 Wt. rayon thread can be used as a bobbin thread when working on projects where having the same colour bobbin thread as the top thread is important. For all other projects, we recommend SULKY® BOBBIN
- Most people find that Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon thread is easier to use for machine embroidery than any polyester thread because it has less stretch and stretch memory.
- The decorative stitches on virtually all sewing machines are programmed to use 40 Wt. Rayon Thread. A lighter or heavier thread may require an adjustment to the stitch length or width, depending on its density.