This water-soluble stabiliser is placed on the fabric prior to embroidering and then washed out without leaving any residues.
SOLVY can also be used as fabric backing when both sides of the embroidery are visible to ensure neat results, for instance, on scarves or towels.
The softer and bulkier the fabric, the easier stitches disappear in the material, resulting in unsightly embroideries. With SULKY SOLVY every single stitch turns out brilliantly, and even intricate patterns with most detailed embroideries are stitched needle-sharp.
- a thin and clear water-soluble foil used as a backing or topping
- easily tearable wash-out topping for high pile fabrics
- ideal when you do not want any stabiliser residues to show on the top or bottom of fabric
- foil dissolves in cold water - faster in warm water
- Oeko-Tex certified
- Size: 50cm x 10m
- Colour: transparent
- Count: 20µ (Micron)
- Material Composition: 70% polyvinyl alcohol, 15% glycerine, 7% starch, 8% additives
- As a topper and/or backing for high pile fabrics
- Thread sketching
- Transferring a pattern
- Button holes
- 3D work
- Shadow work
- Cut work
- When both sides of the embroidery are visible